zerohedge.com / by Tyler Durden / 02/13/2014 12:16 -0500
Matteo Renzi’s Democratic Party has voted to back his proposal fore a new government… and Prime Minister Letta has resigned.
- *DEMOCRATIC PARTY VOTES IN FAVOR OF RENZI PROPOSAL FOR NEW GOVT
- *ITALY PREMIER LETTA SAYS HE WILL RESIGN
This will bring the 65th government in Italy since World War II and the 3rd consecutive government that would not have been elected (the last elected Prime Minister was Berlusconi in 2008).
Renzi’s speech in preparation for the vote was farcical and confused:
- *RENZI SAYS ITALY CANNOT CONTINUE TO LIVE IN UNCERTAINTY
- *RENZI SAYS ITALY NEEDS TO EXIT SWAMP, NEEDS CHANGE (but same coalition parties)
- *RENZI SAYS NEW ELECTIONS WOULDN’T GUARANTEE CLEAR MAJORITY
- *RENZI SAYS THIS IS TIME TO BE RESPONSIBLE, TAKE RISKS
Thanks to BrotherJohnF