zerohedge.com / by Tyler Durden on 04/30/2016
One of the biggest lies our government tells us is that it wages the War on Drugs to keep us safe. More than 40 years after it was started, we know that it has been a colossally-expensive epic failureon its stated goals, was intentionally designed to further disenfranchise marginalized groups, and has become a full-fledged assault on our civil liberties.
Even with all the billions of tax dollars it spends each year, and all the flashy photo ops of seized drugs stacked on tables, the Drug Enforcement Agency only stops 1% of the illegal drug supply from being distributed in America, according to the video below. Not only is law enforcement pathetically inept at stemming the flow of drugs, they are active participants in the illicit drug trade at both the federal and local level:
- Documents Show CIA complicity in the crack cocaine epidemic of the 1980s
- DEA’s 12-year business arrangement with El Chapo’s Sinaloa drug cartel
- Florida Cops Laundered Millions For Drug Cartels, Failed To Make A Single Arrest
- 13 Current and Former North Carolina and Virginia Law Enforcement Officers Indicted for Drug Smuggling
- California Drug Cop Busted Smuggling $2 Million Worth of Marijuana
- Pennsylvania Police Officer Who Obtained Hundreds of Narcotic Pills from 19 Different Doctors Given Plea Deal for Probation
- Narcotics Unit Supervisor Charged with Stealing Drugs from Evidence Room in Ohio
The post State-Sanctioned Theft – The Failed War On Drugs And Cops’ Abuse Of Civil Forfeiture appeared first on Silver For The People.
Thanks to BrotherJohnF