news.goldseek.com / Julian D.W. Phillips / 30 August 2016
Gold Today –Gold closed in New York at $1,323.20 on Monday after Friday’s close at $1,321.10. London opened at $1,321.
– The $: € was at $1.1172 from $1.1187 Monday.
– The dollar index was at 95.76 from 95.60 Monday.
– The Yen was at 102.37 from Monday’s 102.14 against the dollar.
– The Yuan was the same at 6.680 from 6.680 Monday.
– The Pound Sterling was weaker at $1.3072 from Monday’s $1.3107.
Yuan Gold Fix
As you can see Shanghai followed New York but London reopened at Friday’s levels ignoring both New York and Shanghai. The dollar remains strong.
LBMA price setting: There was no gold price setting on Monday as London was closed. On Tuesday the setting was at $1,318.85.
The gold price in the euro was set on Tuesday at €1,180.71 up on Friday’s€1,173.20.
Ahead of the opening in New York the gold price was reported as trading at $1,319.00 and in the euro at €1,182.22. The silver price is trading at $18.77ahead of New York’s opening
Silver Today –The silver price closed in New York at $18.84 Monday upfrom $18.64 Friday.