news.goldseek.com / 28 July 2017
Gold Today –New York closed yesterday at $1,260.00. London opened at $1,260.00 today.
Overall the dollar was stronger against global currencies, early today. Before London’s opening:
– The $: € was stronger at $1.1709 after the yesterday’s $1.1728: €1.
– The Dollar index was stronger at 93.71 after yesterday’s 93.50.
– The Yen was almost unchanged at 111.23 after yesterday’s 111.25:$1.
– The Yuan was weaker at 6.7415 after yesterday’s 6.7377: $1.
– The Pound Sterling was weaker at $1.3090 after yesterday’s $1.3138: £1.
Yuan Gold Fix
We cannot establish the price at which Shanghai was trading today. New York $3 lower than Shanghai yesterday, with London closing at a level that is closer to Shanghai’s price than we have seen until yesterday, when it opened at just $2.50 below Shanghai’s trading level yesterday. Shanghai continues to lead the way higher and to import as much gold as it can to meet Chinese demand.
Silver Today –Silver closed at $16.57 yesterday after $16.45 at New York’s close Tuesday.
LBMA price setting: The LBMA gold price was set today at $1,259.60 from yesterday’s $1,262.05. The gold price in the euro was set at €1,075.20 after yesterday’s €1.077.11.
Just after the opening of New York the gold price was trading at $1,263.25 and in the euro at €1,075.41. At the same time, the silver price was trading at $16.73.
The post Gold Market Morning: July-28-2017 — heavy U.S. gold ETF sales turn to heavy buying! appeared first on Silver For The People.