In a better world we might expect:
- Individuals, corporations, and governments spend no more than their income.
- “Honest” money is used by all, has intrinsic value, retains its purchasing power and is not counterfeited by individuals or bankers.
- Governments and bankers support and encourage “honest” money.
Alas, we live in this world and must realize that:
- Debt has increased rapidly for the past century. Example: U.S. national debt has expanded from roughly $3 billion to $20 trillion.
- Currencies are IOU’s issued by central banks who promote ever-increasing currency in circulation, expanding debt, and continual devaluations in purchasing power.
- The “fiat-currency-game” will continue until it implodes.